SAT Absorber – Single Layer Foam RF Absorber
SAT single layer foam RF absorber can be used to lower the Q of cavities in RF amplifiers, oscillators, microwave devices; attenuate surface currents on radiating objects and absorb stray RF energy; and isolate components and plug areas of RF leakage.
- Basic composition : Carbon loaded, polyurethane, single layer sheet absorber
- Features : Variable thickness, lightweight, flexible, easily cut, high loss
- Fire Retardancy : NRL report 8093 I, II, and III
- Working temperature : -50°C (-85°F) to +80°C (+176°F)
- Thickness : Standard thicknesses are 3 mm 6 mm and 9 mm.
- Base size : Standard base size is 500 mm x 500 mm
- Color : Light blue for the surface with a black back
- Attenuation Dependant on carbon loading (refer table below)
- Configurations : SAT-xxmm-yydB zz:
xx = material thickness in mm
yy = insertion loss dB/cm at 10 GHz
zz = “PSA” adhesive or “WP” weatherproofing applied
- Installation : Generally neoprene contact adhesive is recommended for installation.